We are a warm and welcoming primary school in the heart of Dublin 7. We cater for boys and girls from Junior Infants to 1st class and girls only from 2nd to 6th class. There are over 300 pupils in our school. We promote a caring and holistic approach to education, focusing on the development of the full potential of each pupil.
The school was opened by the Religious Sisters of Charity on 2nd October 1867. It is situated on Manor Street in the Parish of the Holy Family, Aughrim Street, Dublin 7. Mary Aikenhead, who founded the Congregation in 1815 to respond to the needs of the time, lived in the original convent in Stanhope Street from 1819 to 1826. Although the school has a Catholic ethos, it welcomes pupils of all faiths and none. It is a friendly, hospitable place where pupils, staff and parents experience a sense of belonging.
The original school building which dates back to 1867, was demolished in March 2010. On 1st May 2013, work began on the new school building and on 1st September 2014, the new school was ready to open its doors to staff and pupils.
On 5th June 2015, the school was officially blessed by Archbishop Diarmuid Martin and officially opened by Joan Burton TD (a past pupil of the school). It is a beautiful three story building, built on the original Primary School site, thus continuing the work of education in the tradition and ethos of the Religious Sisters of Charity. All classrooms are beautifully equipped with a wide range of modern facilities in order to provide the best education for the pupils. Great use is made of natural light on the corridors.
Welcome warmly each and every person with/for whom we work, giving
Encouragement, care and support
Love is the core, the heart of our mission
Catholic and Christian values, the ethos of our school
Open to all – discriminating against none, we
Motivate each one to achieve her/his potential and, in this way develop a wholesome
Esteem of self and others