Spring has definitely sprung here in Stanhope Street!
This month we continued to build momentum to increase our activity, by incorporating more P.E homework into our evenings when we go home. We also looked at our suggestion boxes for how to make our school more active. We were really impressed by the creative ideas put forward!
We have a varied and exciting list of activities to choose from for home work. They include:
- Dance to your favourite song.
- Go for a walk.
- Skip for 2 minutes.
- Play tag/catch for 5 minutes.
- Play a physical activity game of your choice for 5 minutes.
- Run for 5 minutes.
- Play ‘Simon Says’ using exercises.
- Your choice of physical activity for 5 minutes.
- Parent’s choice of physical activity (maybe teach your child a new skill).
- Push ups (on knees).
- Hold plank for 10-30 seconds.
- 10 Jumping Jacks
- 20 High Knees.
- 20 Heel Kicks.
- Hop on left leg 10 times (repeat).
- Hop on right leg 10 times (repeat).
- Squat for 30 seconds (repeat).
- 10 sit ups/crunches.
- Run on the spot for 30 seconds.
- Practise some yoga positions.
It’s important to not only be active in school, but also at home and in all parts of our lives. So why not pick a few of the above options and give it a whirl with your family and friends? Your body and mind will thank you for it!
Suggestion Box Ideas
We read all of the ideas from the suggestion boxes and the most popular suggestions are listed below:
- Cheer leading.
- Basket ball.
- Dodge ball.
We plan on taking some of these excellent suggestions on board, so watch this space for more updates!
Stanhope Street: Be Healthy, Be Wise and Exercise!